We leave THIS Friday!! Please be at the church at 2:00PM sharp.
If you haven’t already turned it in, all waivers and payment are due Friday before we leave.
What luggage to bring?
- ONE bag per student (purses, sleeping bag and pillow can be separate)
- Should be a soft-sided, SMALL carry-on sized bag (backpack or duffel bag…please no hard-frame roller bags)
What are other things to make sure you bring?
(first-timers can also see notes at the end)
- Money for 2 meals on the road (have this on your person, NOT in your luggage)
- Snacks for the road
(Totally optional. Sharing is caring.)
- Physical Bible
(as in, paper…electronic Bibles are a no go at this retreat)
- Sleeping bag and pillow
(if you don’t own a sleeping bag, sheets/blanket are ok, but keep in mind you will be on the floor or sharing a mattress)
(there are none up there; trust me from experience, sharing is NOT caring.)
- Jacket / Warm clothes
(Supposed to be high of 45 on Saturday…yikes!)
- Tennis shoes for outdoor hiking / activities
- Appropriate PJs
(sleeping areas and bathrooms are separated, but there are shared common areas)
(Girls – think camping with your family…go light on this stuff. Boys – don’t think camping with Battalion…you WILL take a shower this weekend!)
What NOT to bring? (hopefully these are obvious)
- Extra electronics (tablets, game devices, etc.)…we’re getting away to unwind and unplug.
- Alcohol, drugs, etc. (please DO remember to bring any necessary prescriptions!)
- Weapons / knives (pocket knives are ok)
(In case there was any confusion: you definitely aren’t providing the teaching firearms.)